Friday, September 12, 2014

Generation One; Day One: Too Much Energy

And day one has begun! First thing I had Jo do was tell jokes on her shiny new microphone. 
                                                     
I don't think she enjoyed it much . . . should probably have her level up in the comedy skill, yeah?

Then I sent her to the library! It was gonna be the gym because there are always a shit-ton of Sims there, but I'd yet to see the library in game, so . . . . yeah.


It was pretty boring. There were quite a few people there, though, and the kids' area is cute (no pictures, though. Those'll probably come when Jo pops out a kid or two).


This woman is Skyla Hinton. She seems to be an elder and was sad when Joelie decided to introduce herself. The picture was badly timed--it looks like Jo is trying to wink and failing epically. They didn't talk long.


So I sent Jo to read a handiness book so that if something breaks I can have her fix it without worrying about her like, dying or something--not that she has anything that can kill her when she tries to fix it, but whatever. She held it like this for like, ten Sim-minutes before even looking at it.


Then it was off to the gym. This is Dina Caliente. She usually doesn't like my Sims, so in Sim-preservation, I think I'll hold off on having Jo say hi to her. Maybe wat until she's got some athletic skill herself. For the safety of my founder. I think that's a good idea!


All the treadmills were full--and I quite like the punching bag--so Jo was sent here. Everyone needs a picture of her posing to punch a big bag on a spring.


And look who we ran into! It's Bella Goth. She looks pretty damn determined, so I voted against talking to her just yet. More Sim-preservation. (Besides, we need a spouse so that they can make pretty blue babies.) (I'm obviously hoping that the blue isn't the Sims equivalent to a recessive gene so that the kids are blue.)


I was gonna have her talk to one of the two guys there, but she walked over to the treadmills to talk to someone else--Zoe Patel or Eliza Pancakes, one of them. So I put her in her formal wear and decided she was goin' to the nightclub.

Right before the loading screen came up, I saw that Don Lothario--the guy I tried to make her talk to--has the same ink as her.


It's not really that big a deal, since there aren't many tattoo options, but I get ridiculously excited over the silliest things. That's the ink they share, if you care.


She went to order a drink--even though it's barely noon, if that--but found out she's too poor.

"Dammit. I need alcohol if this Zest guy is the only one I can talk to besides this bartender."

Actually, in this shot it was like, 2:15 in the afternoon. I don't pay attention to Sims time when I take pictures. 


So off to the piano she goes. Because the nightclub ain't busy 'till later, methinks. Maybe she'll start telling jokes using the club's microphone?

"Not a chance in Hell."

Eh, was worth a shot. Let's see if we can get someone to buy ya a drink!


Zoe Patel followed her over from the gym, so Jo decided to group-convo with Zest and Zoe. And then a couple other Sims came over. Jo's pretty happy.

"That Zest guy seems weird. I like Zoe better. Although J seems pretty cool."

You mean you think he's hot.

"Eh, not hot. He's not bad-looking, though. Lemme talk to him."


This is the man in question. J. Huntington III, everyone. He really isn't bad looking. And it turns out he's single! Time to turn on the alluring side, Joelie.

"Easy peasy, creepy voice-over lady. Lemme just . . . move a seat over and try to ignore the weird bearded guy on my other side."

They started flirting--weird bearded guy I haven't written the name of trying to cut in--but then Jo's bladder kicked in.

"I haven't even drank anything yet! How can I have to pee?"

She was reluctant to go--and I can't blame her because J is a pretty fine lookin' Sim--but she's got his number and they're off to a good start in the flirting category. Maybe they can catch up sometime when there's not a weird bearded guy trying to talk through their flirting.

By now it's around five in the evening. I'm going to send her to the park.


Before that, though, have a picture of her flirting with herself. Oh, Joelie, you beautiful, crazy girl.

Okay. Park time, then home.


There was only one other Sim there--at least as far as I felt like looking. There may have been more further back. Anyways, Jo didn't wanna talk to the woman, so we went looking for frogs. No luck there. Then she was gonna jog, but her hunger bar was getting low and for some reason the grills wouldn't let me interact with them. Sorry, Jo, guess you're goin' home early and having some yogurt!


She's not too happy with her options, but she's broke and knows how the world works. So she got her yogurt out of the fridge.

"You just took this to show off the tattoo on my back."

.....Maybe. Don't judge me!


She then made this face. Jo . . . are you okay?

"Oh I'm just peachy. I'm broke, don't even have a section of a between my shower and the street--"

Hey, your fridge is hiding your shower (mostly) from sight!

"--And I'm being followed around with a camera for strangers on human-interwebs amusement. I'm just fine." 

.......Crabby pants. Eat your yogurt and be quiet. It's almost time for bed.


It's like, eight o'clock, but her energy bar is nearly full. So I guess it's time for a run now that her hunger's been taken care of. Maybe we'll call J. Or Zoe. Or both of them. Just until her energy's low enough to make sleeping a more worthwhile option. Look how big that smile is, though!


That didn't work either. So instead of boring everyone with the mundane things Jo's doing to waste energy, here's a picture of her fishing. I feel like this is longer than it should be (even though it's probably not--there are a shit-ton of pictures, though), so I think day one will end here. Day two will pick up after she wakes up in the morning.

Say good night, Jo!

"Merry Simsmas to all and to all a good night!"

Corny, Jo.

"Shuddup."

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope the blue isn't recessive... all the blue sim-babies would be so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't they, though? Knock on wood that I get at least one blue baby! (Then it's pretty much no contest as to who heir is. Maybe I'll make it some sort of rule--all heirs have to be blue unless no blue babies are born that generation.) XD

      Delete