Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Generation One; Day Twelve: Jo's Got a Twin!




Yep; starting day twelve off with Mother/Daughter shots. I got the notification Kennedy's birthday is coming up soon--and she wouldn't stop crying--so I figure some baby!Kennedy spam would be nice. Then child!Kennedy spam will probably happen, too.

Since that notification happened, this will probably be the last post of generation one. Of course J and Jo will still be around--they're still young adults, c'mon--but posts will be focusing more on the kids then. I'm sure most of you know the drill.


Went ahead and bought Kennedy a bed--yeah, apparently the kids of a blue woman aren't to stray too far from that color. Since blue is one of the colors mixed to make purple . . . yeah.


And the damn fridge is broken again!



Excuse me while I squeal like a kid over this. I swear to God this is one of my all time favorite things ever. Look how cute it is! I like it even more considering how their relationship is right now. It's like an 'I'm not very happy with you, but I love you all the same' and it's so cute!

And this is a good way to get a side-by-side comparison, too, I think. Like, Val seems to have her dad's face shape, eyes, hair and mouth--the only thing she seems to have gotten from Jo is her nose. She's pretty damn cute.


Once a more reasonable hour was upon them, Jo invited Johnnie over. It's time to learn his other traits.

He came right over.


She did't even get dressed. She just walked over to him bunny slippers and all.

"So we never really got to know each other before I made you give me a kid. Why don't we do that?"

"....Okay....."

And with just a couple interactions, we have his main traits--since bonus traits don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

So Johnnie Killian is childish, ambitious, and a perfectionist. Awesome. Thank you, Johnnie, for all of your help in giving me the darling blue baby I wanted. You can go home now.


"Thanks, Johnnie. Got what I needed. See ya 'round."

"Y-yeah . . . sure."



While she was doing that, J was exercising in front of the baby and Val was digging up a sapphire--and a treasure map.


105 simoleons worth of stuff. She's pretty good at this. Although I think they need a real house so they can start keeping some of the things they collect.

Also, the gems have this option to send to the geo-council. Then,, in parentheses, it says 20 simoleons. Does that mean I get that money, or am I giving it to them?


Not that I don't appreciate it, Johnnie; didn't Jo tell you goodbye? What're you doing here?

"I didn't see the kid."

You'll live. You'll have a better chance of seeing her when she's fully grown.

"No."

Okay. I'll have someone do the 'show off' option. I've always wanted to do that . . .


"Look at Daddy, Kenny. Say hi."

"Da?"


You don't look impressed.

"It's blue."

SHE. And look at her mother.

"The other one isn't blue."

The dad's genes must have been more dominant or something.

"It's a baby."

SHE. And yes; I told you she was a baby.

"Can I see it when it grows up?"

If you start calling her by name and not 'it'. She is not an object.


After making Johnnie leave, Jo wanted to call someone. So she called Don.

Holy hell. I just realized that even the deadbeat dad has a name starting with J. What the hey, man?

Speaking of that baby, since I got his traits and can use the generator . . . maybe it's birthday time?

"I dunno . . ."

No more screaming.

"Sold. Let's have a birthday."

Yes!


"If you age up before your actual birthday, a green claw with red nails will reach up out of the ground and grab you up--blue babies are its favorite."

Yeah, you guys can't see it because the speech bubbles don't show up in screenshots now, but she's totally telling her baby sister a scary story of some sort. You stop that now, missy!

"No way."

I see much sibling rivalry in their future.


Uhm, Val...I'd be a lot more comfortable if you''d take your hands out of the crib.

"How come?"

Considering the story you just told her, and your reaction to her existing, well, isn't it obvious?

"I'm just tickling her!"

Still.




Okay, first of all; why the hell didn't she do an aging up somersault into childhood? That's not cool. Second of all; she's starving, so we need to get some food into her. And thirdly; I guess that outfit's kinda cute . . . but not cute enough. Food, then mirror.

She rolled the trait Gloomy and aspires to be a rambunctious scamp. Awesome.


Here she is post-makeover. She looks just like her mother--the hair, the eyes, the nose, the mouth; everything. I'd expect to mix Jo and Kenny up when she ages up--but Jo wears red, so I shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

Yeah, it's official. I can't think of a better one right now, so Kennedy's nickname is Kenny. Maybe I'll Google better ideas later. Or if someone could suggest one, that'd be awesome.


Family naps. Kenny could use some social, but everyone else is a bit too tired so . . .

Okay. Since this is our last generation one post, let's get off the kids for a bit and focus on our lovely founder.

If she ever wakes up.


Really quick: look at the changes to the lot I made! They still live on a lawn, but now someone could actually cook if they wanted to--as long as they don't use up all the money--and the beds (once I fix Kenny's) are all together, and there's something resembling a study. Oh and that giant stuffed bear that I named Jingle.


One more picture of the girls because they're adorable.

Okay, now we can focus on our founder.


Reading while J naps.

"Oh, this book has quite the story line!"

Is that a good quite or a bad one?

"Well, it's meant for kids, and I don't have the childish trait, so. . . I'm going with not so good, but not so bad either."

Okay.


Then J reads while she sits beside him.

"He's paying more attention to that book than he is me."

His fun is low.

"I wanna see if our relationship can be fixed!"

You'll have better luck if his fun is in the green.

"But . . ."

Do you want it to go up or down?

"Up."

Then you wait until his fun is in the green.

"Fine."


"If I can't talk to my boyfriend, I'll call Freddy."

Have fun with that.

J had to get up to put his book down, so they ended up on Kenny's bed.


It started out okay . . .


Then he tried the 'look deeply into her eyes' thing. She played along for like, two seconds, then pulled her hand back and shook her head.

Guys, I'm not even kidding about how tanked their relationship is. If it wasn't for how much money he brings in whenever he goes to work; I probably would have broken them up and moved him out by now. Still might do that--because that's how their relationship is.


"I'm sorry, J."

Oh,, stop acting like you're gonna break up with him. That's just cruel.

"This really isn't working out."

I know. But if you do wanna break up with him, I'll let you.

"Not yet. Maybe we were just moving too fast with the romantic actions."

In a legacy there's no such thing as too fast.

"There is in this one."

God I hope Kenny doesn't have the same issues as you do.


"Eh, what can I say? I'm special."

Yeah, you certainly are.


"God . . . damned . . . thing."

Yupp. Toilets broken and I didn't realize until I tried to send Val off to use it. Jo is not happy.


Staying true to lawn living, even though you can now actually cook.

"Gotta save the money so I can make cake for everyone's birthday."

You've got about a week 'till yours and J's, ten days 'till Val's, and thirteen until Kenny's. I'd say you're pretty safe.

"Where've you been for the past twelve days? Money goes quick."

Good point.

And this is where I leave off. It's late--both for the Sims and for me--although I'm trying to stay up so there's no chance of me oversleeping, so there will probably be another post up before I actually go to sleep.

So, good night, Jo and family! See you all in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment