Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Generation Two; Day Whatever We're At Now: The Zavanellas Are Back!

Okay, thanks to Google and other Simmers who had the same issue, I may have figured out why my game kept crashing. It's either an issue with the gallery, or something to do with an item in CAS. (I know it's not CC because I don't have any.) Either way, the Zavanella family is back and ready for business! (And frequent saving, just in case.)

So lat time, Hertha aged up, but because my game was being slow I didn't get any pictures. (It actually totally glitched and she was invisible until after I edited her hair and clothes in CAS.) Well, to start us off today, have a picture of child Hertha:


Seems to be another Jo clone--although Kenny actually has her father's lips, I think. Or someone other than Jo's, because Kenny's got some thin lips. Anyways, looks like I can't get the blue skin without the red hair and green eyes. Not that I'm really complaining, because red hair and green eyes are my favorite combination in the world, but some variety would be amazing.


First order of business as a child: nap with her older sister. Val was upset because I had her clean something up and she's lazy. Hertha just aged up kinda sleepy.

Oh yeah, her child trait is Music Lover and her child aspiration is Social Butterfly. Yeah, that's not gonna be completed. There are only so many children in this town.


I should send her out on a boyfriend hunt like I did Val, but the first milestone of her aspiration feels so simple I kinda wanna focus on it a little more. She literally only has to read three books and get to level four in logic. So she's gonna read this book. (Which is number two, for those curious.)


Meanwhile, J the noncommittal is professing his undying love to Jo. It's cute as it is--two ids between them--three since he's pretty much raised Kenny, too--but it'd be even cuter if they were married.

"Well, I want the arch."

Well, you're broke. I don't think that'll be available for this family until generation five--maybe seven--the way this is going.

"Ugh."

At least their relationship didn't suffer like it did when Val and Kenny were kids. Hallelujah.

And then my laptop overheated and completely shut itself down--closing my game and everything else. So while hoping and praying I saved--or that auto-save kicked in and I wouldn't have to replay, I procrastinated on reopening the game.

When I did, I tested a theory by going into one of my other legacies that isn't online. Turns out my game's issue is with the gallery and, until it's fixed in a patch or something--no matter how much I may want to use it--the gallery is off limits for me. So, I guess I'm gonna have to work with what I can in my game and hope that a fix comes sooner rather than later.

So with that sorted out, I feel safe enough playing this family and will try to get my ass back on track.


After she read her book and he did his thing with her mother, they sat down and started talking. I had absolutely no part in their conversation--it's nice to see them talk autonomously.


For promotion purposes, J had to do two freelance jobs. This one is helping to figure out why a robot army is so lazy.


This unicorn's name is Silver Eyes--you can blame the internet for that name. Hertha is adorable.


Not gonna lie, though. Kenny's my favorite of the three girls.


Autonomous hugs!


These two get along really well--I'm not sure how I feel about this, considering Val's animosity toward Kenny.


She even agreed to play dolls with Hertha! Although, maybe she's preparing for her own children?


Jo is reading, Val is doing extra credit, and Hertha's doing homework. Kenny was already done with hers--and she's cleaning the dishes at this point.


"This stuff's confusing."

"Well yeah; you haven't gone to school yet. I'll help."

She does look rather teacherly, no?


She reads while he eats--she's still working on that aspiration.


Apparently Val's got a 'forced happy' face. She's admiring herself in the mirror, but that smile can't be genuine.


Kenny continues to read while Hertha sleeps--poor kid's exhausted.


I checked Val's simology panel. She only has six days until she's a young adult! Holy crap.


She's tired and hungry--I won't let them sleep if their bladder or hunger is in the yellow. If I do they gotta get up in a matter of minutes anyway to pee or eat.


So, I did some decorating--and look! Almost everyone has walls around them now!

And yes, stare at Kenny's bright red plumbob as she's forced to stay up to pee while her younger half-sister eats and her older half-sister sleeps along with her mom and J. ......She's literally the only one without entire blood ties to the first generation (that lives in house).

Okay, it's nearly 5:30 in the morning and I'm probably to be up in just a couple hours. I'm gonna post this really short thing now and try to make up for it later, okay? I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment