Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Generation One; Days Nine and Ten: Drastic Measures for the Kids

With Jo unable to return to work and J starting work in only a couple of hours, they went about playing with Val and paying the bills.

Who didn't come out blue and adorable? That's right! You didn't!
415 simoleons. Gone. 
 You'll live, I think.


J started up a conversation about his fear of commitment.

"Really, dude? You have a kid now; there's no room for you to be scared."


Needless to say, Jo wasn't happy. J looks so upset about this--he literally smacked himself three times or so because of it.

Poor Valeria is going to grow up in the most dysfunctional house ever. (Well, at this rate it seems she's gonna grow up on  a lawn.)


Instead of hiding away from the world like he wanted to, J went and cuddled Val while Jo ate. Should I invest in a single bed for when you two can't get along?

"More like invest in one so that when Val ages up she has somewhere to sleep."

Right. I think that'll be a while, though, so that you guys have a chance at getting some money.


I lied earlier, about everything breakable having broken. The fridge just did its thing. Now everything has broken. Now the question is, do I risk someone to have them fix it, or do I spend the money they don't really have to replace it?


Off to work with you! He makes a lot more than Jo does, so there's no way I'm gonna make him miss.

Besides, isn't the saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' or something along those lines? Maybe it's not the same for Sims, but these two have been around each other almost exclusively all weekend.



"When Daddy's away, the girls will play!"

Oh dear. Don't traumatize your daughter, please.

"I'm not!"

Whatever. We need to get to work on baby number two here, Jo. But I don't think your relationship with J is ever gonna be good enough to make it happen.

"Well it's either him or you have me cheat--which is a dick move, by the way."

Yeah, yeah. Isn't there anyone else you were interested in?

"You're actually gonna make it happen."

It's either this or Val's an only child, and the way things are going, we're gonna need a spare.



Classy, Jo.

"It's called multitasking. It's a thing now."

I know that, but really?


Oh shoot. It's Mister Rocket Woohoo.

"Oh dear. Are you still going through with this?"

Yes. I don't like this idea, but your relationship with J is going down the toilet. So . . .

"At least he's single, right?"


Apparently he's also childish.

"Great . . ."


So lots of flirting happens. Hurry it up, you only have 'till seven.

"Oh geez."


Damn you're good looking. C'mon, Johnnie, react to her.


Oh geez. C'mon!


It was either this or 'gush about partner', which I imagine would put a quick stop to things.


His hat knows what we're doing and doesn't like it one bit.

"Shut up. This was your idea."

I know. Just saying.


He finally initiated something! He looks freaking massive . . . and neck-less. Oh dear Lord, maybe we should abort mission?

"Too late for that."


Baby time?

"Looks like it."

Now to hope it takes. Hey, maybe we can move Johnnie in, too? Since he's gonna be a baby daddy and all. And we could finally build a house.

"I think that's against the rules. And J wouldn't like it."

He wouldn't like this, either.


Obligatory woohoo shot--with baby sleeping just off to the side.


"I've just done a horrible thing."

You'll get over it, and I don't think J will really care. No one reacts to cheating like they used to.

"I've just done a horrible thing."


Pregnancy test.

Shoot; it didn't take. You're not preggers yet.


Round two!

Johnnie quite likes this plan.


After woohoo number two, Valeria decided now was the best time to need a diaper change.


Whoa, Johnnie! What a way to say goodbye!

Seriously, right after that, he decided he had to go home.


"Damn toilet."

Fix it fix it fix it.

"I'm working on it!"


And she's eating for two! Val has a younger sibling on the way!

"I feel dirty."

If the option's there, you can confess to J. If he gets mad, he gets mad. But he was totally doing the same thing to you--side relationship with Mrs. Goth.

"Doubt he slept with her."

He might have.

"Stop trying to rationalize it!"

Sorry. Go to sleep though. you're tired.


First thing J does upon getting home? Cuddle his daughter.

He doesn't even question why Jo is fast asleep when its barely seven.

He also eats and showers and eventually he's exhausted.


But he scavenges for parts before heading to bed.

Then Val starts screaming in the middle of the night for a diaper change. While Jo took care of that, J peed.


Then he started playing with her. Look how happy he looks to hold her. God I feel bad for doing everything with Johnnie, but I'd feel worse if J and Jo weren't so hot and cold with each other.


The family that sleeps together . . . well, it may not stay together--but one can hope, right?


Off to work like nothing ever happened. When are you gonna tell him?

"When his fun isn't so low I fear for Valeria staying with him alone."

So not until after this kid is born.

"If that's when it happens. Although I'd prefer it being before I've got the belly."



Yep. Just continue being a great father and make me feel even worse about the drastic measures I made Jo take.


When J's gone off to work. One moment Val's there in her cradle . . .


The next she's gone! To daycare with you, tiny baby!

Should probably end it here, but really, what could be the harm in playing longer and letting Val age up and her younger sibling get born? Other than a longer post . . . Which I hope no one minds.

So onward we go!


Look who's home! And still no baby bump in sight.

"Still got a few hours."

That you do. How will you explain to J? You two haven't woohooed since you got pregnant with Val. He'll know it's not his right away.

"I know, okay? I'm trying to work out an explanation in my head."

Just tell him I made you do it. He'll just hate me more than he already does. Which is okay with me!


A few hours later . . .  Look at that bump! I'm pretty sure Valeria's was bigger than that--this kid must like you.

"Only in the second trimester. It could still get pretty damn big."

True, but I'm  still pretty sure Val made you get bigger.


Both to show off their new computer--which makes them broke again--and to start the whole 'she's pregnant and he's not the daddy' drama.

"I see that baby bump. How did that happen, hm?"

"Y'see, J, Since we can't seem to get along for more than a few minutes at a time . . ."


"I'm pregnant and the baby's not yours."

And . . . a fistpump?

"Yeah! My girlfriend's pregnant and I didn't have to do anything! More babies!"

"Uhm. What?"

Don't question it, Jo. He's okay with it, your relationship isn't in any more danger than it was already.

Hmm. Maybe it's his exhaustion speaking? Hes tired and tense from boredom . . . whatever. He's not yelling or breaking up with her, it seems, so all is well.


Whoops. Sorry, J.


Still sharing a bed, I see. What were you so worried about, Jo? He took that news like a champ!

No we need to get to know Johnnie so I can use this trait generator.


Gross! They don't have a real outdoor trash can to empty this into. Should go see how much one would cost so that crappy moodlet doesn't stick around forever.


"This is so gross."

Okay, okay, I'll buy the other can.


"Much better."

Go take care of your daughter, she's crying.

"When isn't she?"

Now, now she's not that bad.


Ew.

"I'd stop if I could."

I know. I'm sorry I'm putting you through this again.

"It's not as bad as it was with Val."

Yet.

"Nah, I think this one's gonna be okay. Val's was bad from the beginning. This one's nowhere near it."

She went off to work, and about an hour before J was to leave for work, Valeria's birthday happened.




To the mirror!


Valeria Zavanella, everyone. She rolled the trait Good and the social butterfly aspiration.

Yay.

She's got her mother's nose, and her dad's eyes.


You look far too happy to be doing the dishes.

"I'm just happy to not be stuck to that crib."

I'm actually quite fond of that. Less zooming around the lot trying to figure out where the parents have put their kid now. 


Time for work! Good thing, too, they're down to 78 simoleons.


She aged up pretty tired. Even though she'd been sleeping soundly up to the time of her birthday.


Sim-ception! She has the lot all to herself and she chooses to play Sims Forever. Oh, Val.


"You think I'm cute, right?"

In an awkward kinda way, yeah. You'll probably be a stunner when you age into a teen. Hopefully by then you guys have a stove and a counter so you can have cake.

"Cake sounds amazing."

It does. But at this rate you might be stuck eating cereal for your birthday.


How do you have homework already? You've never been to school.

"I dunno. It's confusing, though."

I can imagine. You've yet to learn any of that.


Look who's home! Oh, you don't look happy.

"I'm about four seconds from passing out."

Oh dear. To bed!

"Hallelujah."


Mother daughter naps. J needs to get home and bring in enough money for Val to have her own bed. Otherwise the next several nights will be pretty damn uncomfortable.

I could sell their little computer place at the foot of the bed--except both their jobs require things done on the computer and they never have enough energy or high enough needs for me to be comfortable sending them to the library for those computers.


J came home exhausted (literally no time before he would pass out) and his fun meter all the way in the red. Oh me oh my. Go to bed.

"Okay."


While he sleeps, Jo indulges her daughter in feeling the big baby bump . . .


And makes sure Val knows that she'll always be loved, even with the new baby.


Then everyone goes to sleep.  Okay, this part is really long, so I'll end it here.

Next time: baby birth! Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment